Friday, November 13, 2015

All About Me

Ever since I was a freshman in high school I've taken interest in makeup and basically all things beauty related. To me, makeup is a type of art. One where your face is the canvas! And you can show off a different look everyday. With makeup you can transform into anything you want.

I started out my obsession with makeup when I looked into youtube videos to find advice on how to do certain eye shadow looks. Then, after clicking from one video to the next, I found myself becoming totally obsessed with improving my makeup skills. I would tune into my favorite beauty gurus every week to gain more knowledge about makeup. As the years went on, my makeup skills improved and my passion for it grew.

Now, after about four years of practicing and collecting beauty products of all kinds, I do other people's makeup for dances, weddings, and any kind of special occasion. And after saving up my money I now have my own mirror with giant Hollywood style bulbs and a makeup tool belt. Although I have never charged anyone for doing their makeup, I do plan to make money off doing this as soon as I graduate. I plan to work at either Sephora or Mac so that I can do what I love everyday and make a little money while going to Marshall.

Altogether, makeup is a huge part of my life and I consider it to be my "calling". It's what brings out the best in me and makes me feel like I'm good at something. When people ask me, "What are your hobbies?" or "What do you like to do?" The only reply I can come up with is makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment