Friday, November 9, 2012

My favorite Dark Poems


The Nonsense Poem
One bright day in the middle of the night,
Two dead boys got up to fight.
Back-to-back they faced one another,
Drew their swords and shot each other.
One was blind and the other couldn't see,
So they chose a dummy for a referee.
A blind man went to see fair play,
A dumb man went to shout "hooray!"
A deaf policeman heard the noise,
And came and shot the two dead boys.
A paralyzed donkey walking by,
Kicked the copper in the eye,
Sent him through a nine inch wall,
Into a dry ditch and drowned them all.
(If you don't believe this lie is true,
Ask the blind man -- he saw it too!)

An obsession
Silently I stare at you
You don't know I'm around
I know where you've been
I know where you are bound
I know where you live
I know where you sleep
You don't even know me
But my love for you runs deep
I see you in my dreams
I want me in yours too
I want you to know and love me
But there is no way to tell you
This is how it's going to be
It will, and has never changed
I'll continue to be your stalker
Don't think I'm deranged
I love you but you'll never know
Cause I'm your silent stalker
I'll continue watching you; well...
Until I kill and find another....

1 comment: