Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Can't be Tamed!

Oh my gosh you are fat. You are stupid. These are words that can really hurt people's feelings. Words are extremely powerful and can make someone have a good or bad day. Proverbs 4:24 says “Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.” What this verse says is wisdom is knowing when to speak your mind and when to mind your speech. Scripture tells us to do away with irrelevant and improper speech. One of my favorite verses is Psalms 19:14 “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.” To me this verse is just telling me that the words I speak should be pleasing to God and I shouldn’t go around making people sad. What I need to be doing, just like everyone else should be doing is be kind to one another and tell people what God has done for us. James 3:2 “ We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.” I know for a fact that no one is perfect so you would be lying if you said you have mastered the tongue because the only way to do that is if you are perfect. The tongue is no small weapon. It holds a power few of us realize. I have trouble controlling my tongue at times and I just know when that happens I need to praise God and ask for his forgiveness. The last thing is ask him to help guide you in the right path and grant you the blessing of having meditations and speech that is pleasing to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment