Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Austin's Ice Cream


We all know it is getting close to summer when Austin's Ice Cream opens back up for the season. Austin's opened April 1st this year to many excited customers. Austin's serves homemade ice cream, hot dogs, and various other items. The business has a drive-thru and walk up window opened throughout the hours of 9:00AM-5:00PM, seven days a week. If you plan to go to the walk up window and not eat in your car you can sit at the picnic tables and the benches in front. Make sure you know you will be outside because it has no indoor seating. Austin's is located at 1103 C Street in Ceredo. The building is placed on the side of the road so make sure you don't miss it. Since Austin's is such a busy place they now have extra parking! Austin's has been open for at least fifty years and is still going strong. Many locals remember walking to get ice cream when they were younger. Hopefully Austin's continues to stay open for many generations to come.
sources: waymarking.com; tcwenches.com

4 comments:

  1. I remember going to Austin's when I was younger. A lot of funny memories there. Haven't been there this year yet but I'm sure I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin's Ice Cream is one of my favorite places to go! It has been there for so long, it just has that "homey" feel to it. I am so glad it is open again. I can guarantee that I will be spending many of my summer days there! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing that Austin's is open puts a smile on my face because I know summer's on it's way! I love going to Austin's because the people that work there are just so nice, and like Karlee said, it definitely has that "homey feeling when you're there. I also think that the benches and picnic tables are very convenient for the customers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Austin's always makes me think of my childhood. I remember going down there all the time when I was little and ordering chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone. I can't wait to make my first trip down there for this year!

    ReplyDelete