Monday, November 14, 2016

Rad Recipes: Homemade Chicken Nuggets

Recently, I found myself having a hankering for some good old-fashioned chicken nuggets. Since I am not fortunate enough to live within 25 minutes of any fast food restaurant, I was forced to make some myself. On my quest for the best recipe to fill my needs, I stumbled across a simple, tasty one that happened to be rated four-and-half out of five stars and required only 15 minutes of prep. I'd like to share it with you in case you ever run across a dilemma such as mine.

The ingredients are as follows:
Chicken Nuggets

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon seasoned salt

Salt and freshly ground black pepper
 
2 large eggs

2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs

2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
 
Vegetable oil, for frying
 
 

 Directons:
  • In a plastic bag, mix the flour, seasoned salt and some salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix the eggs with 2 tablespoons water. In a separate bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
  • Shake the chicken pieces in the bag to coat. In batches, dip them in the egg wash, then in the breadcrumbs.
  • Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until a few breadcrumbs dropped in the oil start to sizzle immediately. Fry the chicken, in batches if needed, until golden brown and cooked through, a couple minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel and serve with ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment