Friday, February 12, 2016


Prom Trends

It’s that time of the year again. The time when dress shops worldwide are thriving with girls and everyone is rushing to call dibs on a dress. It’s prom season. Styles change from year to year and fads go away and resurface later. So what styles are trending right now?

So far, the most popular style I’ve seen this year is floral prints. Lots of big name brands such as Sherri hill and Jovani have put out a variety of floral print dresses, ranging from two pieces to full-length, ball gown styles. In past years, similar trends have been popular such as the animal print phase. I specifically remember this year because it was my sister’s senior prom and almost every girl was seen wearing one. My sister was sporting a bright, fluorescent peacock patterned dress.

Another trend that has become very prominent this year, (and some of last year) is the famous two piece dress. This is actually my favorite style so far and just so happens to be the style dress I will be wearing for prom. The bottom piece is most commonly a tight-fitted, mermaid style bottom. Some are high waisted and others are mid length. A majority of the top pieces that I have seen are also tight fitting and are close to the neck.

The last style that I've seen the most this year is the long sleeved, mesh material dresses. Most can be found with jewels embellished all over the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment