Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Facts about Depression.

What is Depression?
A lot of people feel sad or a depressed feeling over the loss of a loved one, life struggles, and injured self-esteem(Bullies, Family issues). But if your feeling a deep intense feeling of sadness, including helpless, hopeless, and feeling like your not wanted. It might last for days, weeks, and even months. It is a serious thing and must be handled with care. From experience it can be alot of things and alot of times people don't know what to do. But most of the time it leads to suicidal thoughts, cutting on the body, lack in talking to friends or family, and you stay to yourself.

What are some symptoms?
   A lot of the time the signs are clear but can be very hard to notice. The person (he or she), intend not to talk to anybody but to a trusted person, but depression is serious so take steps in order to help the person but before you get help, make sure the person is OK with it. Most of the time he or she will deny the help that is offered to them, SO DON'T FORCE THEM. Talking helps but it's better if the person is the one they trust. Another sign is that they cut themselves. They hide it by wearing long sleeves or they are very touchy when you get near them. A person with depression has his or her reasons for being upset. A lot of times it's bullying, and they feel outcast-ed, there lost, and feel the world is after them.I myself went through the pain.
I myself suffer from depression. It's hard to talk to people do to their judgement. I went through a lot of things that people aren't really comfortable talking about. During my childhood, I was hurt, bullied, sent to foster-homes, and abandoned. But I found a amazing best friends and a great family that helped me cope and talk about how I feel. It's never good to hold  in those feelings cause it led me to suicidal thoughts and I cut myself and thought there was no reason for me being here. But as I grew older life gets better. There's a lot of symptoms and a lot of ways to handle them. It's better to talk to people that understand and can help.

How can you treat depression?
Truly to me you can't really treat it. I wouldn't call it a disorder but a emotion that takes care and time to heal the wounds that once left gashes that left scares. A lot of times it's do to bullying, family problems, abuse, and the loss of a love one. Mostly if it isn't taken with care, it can be to late and the person you loved could be dead or severely hurt. People with depression are usually taking medicine, therapy, or just draw their feelings with paper an pencil (There are a lot of other ways to cope). Millions of lives are lost, because people harass others and not knowing what problems they deal with already. Depression hurts and to explain the pain, it's like a long-lasting slow burning agony that won' go away. In better terms (Slowly Dieing). Every one needs love and a friend. And a HUG!!! If you see someone that could use a friend talk to them, cause you can NEVER have to many friends. It's time for the world to change, why not start now.
Help is out there just reach out, don't wait. A hug isn't far away.


Pictures By Google.

3 comments:

  1. Depression is sometimes hard to tell when just looking at someone. This is really good information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very informative. Very heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete